Safe drivers and operators are essential for any fleet manager, and that goes double for any company that delivers potentially hazardous materials. In the case of Fueliner, a petroleum delivery company based in the Midwest, safety was a driving factor in their decision to implement Geotab GPS fleet tracking into their fleet of over 20 trucks.
Aside from monitoring and improving driver behavior, HOS tracking (hours of service) was a key feature that the company was looking for when they were upgrading their telematics from a previous provider.
[ Read the original case study on Geotab.com. ]
HOW GEOTAB GPS FLEET TRACKING HAS HELPED:
- Improved Driver Behavior: By using data tracked by the Geotab units, the company is able to easily provide drivers with a monthly report of their driving behavior, along with recommendations for improvement. Through positive reinforcement, drivers have naturally improved their behavior – reducing harsh braking, incidents of speeding, and more.
- They have used the HOS tracking functionality to prove compliance with the Department of Transport.
- The fleet managers and dispatchers make use of powerful MyGeotab functionality to set schedules, and track fleet vehicles in real-time.
- The company has used Geotab to prove that their driver was not at fault during a collision dispute.
- They’ve additionally used it to track idle times, time card reports, and maintenance schedules, improving overall fleet efficiency.
LOWERED COSTS THANKS TO GPS BY GEOTAB:
Above and beyond the long-term cost savings acquired by increased fleet efficiency, the company has seen significant insurance savings. According to Bill Skinner, Fueliner’s safety director:
“Thanks to Geotab, Fueliner hasn’t seen a premium increase for the last five years, saving the company around $177,000 in insurance costs annually.”
PUT YOUR COMPANY ON THE RIGHT TRACK IN 2016:
Get rolling with GPS tracking by Geotab, provided by GPS to GO. Our famous $50 trial offer allows you to try GPS tracking with no contract. It works like so: we send you the plug-and-play devices. They install in seconds. You try the device or devices for your fleet. When you’re ready to purchase, just let us know and we’ll credit the $50 to your account. (And we’re confident you will like what you see – if not, no obligation and no hassle, and with GPS to GO, there’s never any contracts.)
Put the power of GPS fleet tracking in your hands: lower costs, reduce overhead, and improve safety in your fleet this year.
Thanks for reading,
Russ Salo, President
GPS to GO, Now You Know