I have recently become a member of the board of the Ottawa Better Business Bureau (BBB). Not only did I always strive to comply with BBB’s mission, I am now proud to say that I am a board member tasked with helping other businesses adopt BBB’s mission and vision.
The BBB’s vision is:
• To create an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other.
BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust by:
• Creating a community of trustworthy businesses
• Setting standards for marketplace trust
• Encouraging and supporting best practices
• Celebrating marketplace role models
• Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior
I now have a great responsibility to the citizens of Ottawa, and I can help guide other business owners in how to implement honest and transparent business practices for their customers.
Here are some of my new responsibilities:
- Appointing the Chair of the Board of Directors.
- Approve the Terms of Reference of the Nominating Committee.
- Approving the terms of reference of the Executive Committee and such other committees as may be established from time to time.
- Approving the terms of reference of the Bureau Manager as recommended by the Executive Committee.
- Approving Bureau Policy as put forward by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Confirming the goals and objectives of the organization as put forward by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Receiving and approving attainment reports for the organization as put forward by the Executive Committee from time to time, but at least annually.
- Receive a summary of the evaluation of the Bureau Manager performed by the Board Chairman annually.
- Enact such banking and borrowing by-laws as might reasonably be required to manage the day to day operations of the Bureau.
- Ensuring the affairs of the Bureau are managed in a business-like and prudent fashion.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Russ Salo, President
GPS to GO, now you know