One of the common things reported by companies that have implemented GPS Fleet Tracking systems is that once they start using Geotab devices in their fleet, they see their vehicle operators driving safer.
- This national American security company reported an 80% reduction in accidents within a region:
- This plumbing company based in San Diego County, California, reported a “noticeable reduction” in speeding incidents among their drivers.
- This Toronto-based non-profit which saw the maximum vehicle speeds reduced in its vehicles by 7%
- This IT Services company that took control of a high accident rate by installing Geotab devices, and saw a 21% reduction in accidents (Opens as PDF) in one year.
Reporting is Power
You get the idea. Businesses in a wide variety of industries have seen excellent improvements to their driver safety statistics after introducing Geotab GPS fleet tracking units. One of the most important features of the MyGeotab platform is that it offers a number of pre-loaded reports that allow you to monitor aggressive driving, and other reports that relate to general driver safety:
- Risk Management Report: Gives an overview of various statistics logged to identify which drivers may be at more risk of an accident;
- Speed Profile: Gives a visual graph of your employees’ speed in comparison to the speed limit;
- HOS Log: Easily keep track of hours of service by your drivers;
- View Accidents & Log Data: Detailed list of every device log including all position, engine data and accelerometer data;
- Easily share and distribute reports to improve driver behavior through regular feedback and coaching.
One of the other major issues on the roads today is distracted driving. Geotab systems are designed with this in mind. There are a number of features that help minimize distractions to your drivers, allowing them to keep their eyes on the road:
- Audible, in-cab alerts to minimize the time drivers spend looking at their screens;
- Have the fleet manager or dispatcher assign routes from a central location so that drivers don’t have to enter their next location manually;
- Third party plugins that integrate seamlessly with Geotab for collision reduction and avoidance, such as the Mobileye Collision Avoidance system, and Zone Defence.
Besides the obvious benefit of keeping your employees safe, reducing aggressive driving in your fleet has numerous other benefits.
- Lowered fuel costs
- A possible reduction on your fleet’s insurance rates
- The possibility of lower maintenance costs for your fleet
- A better image for your company on the roads.
Put your business on the fast track to better driver safety. Get started with our $50 trial offer.
We’ll send you the plug-and-play devices and you try it out for your business. Then, when you’re ready to purchase, we’ll credit the $50 to your account. If you’re not 100% convinced of the benefits of GPS Fleet tracking for your business, cancel anytime, with no obligation. Get rolling with Geotab from GPS to GO.
Russ Salo, President
GPS to GO, now you know