Geotab has a million reasons (and more!) to celebrate their great start to 2018 with their announcement on February 23rd, sharing that the award-winning leader in telematics technology has officially hit and surpassed one million subscribers. This success positions Geotab as the first telematics company to achieve one million connected vehicles built on a single, open platform and as one of the fastest growing providers of telematics globally. Since launching their subscriber-based solution in 2006, Geotab has seen an average of 116% annual subscriber growth over the last 10 years.
Geotab CEO, Neil Cawse, shared more on the company success when he shared, “together we have grown to support over 21,000 businesses, 300,000 users, and 1,000,000 vehicles around the world by focusing on sustainability, scalability, reliability and security.” So what has allowed Geotab to reach such a level of success with many competitors in their industry? Geotab’s key industry differentiator plays a large role. Being an open platform, Geotab creates an environment where businesses can benefit from the integration of Geotab data into any system regardless of business size or operational needs. GPS to Go is proud to stand behind the Geotab products which are “contributing to a smarter, more connected world that leverages data to improve city operations and sustainability and create safer communities for all.”
Geotab Quick Facts
- Geotab GO devices are used in 137 countries
- Geotab-connected vehicles drove 20+ billion km in 2017
- Customers drive 562.13 million km per week on average (that’s equal to 3.5 trips to the sun)
- If all the vehicles in the Geotab database were lined up end-to-end, they would reach from Las Vegas to Toronto and back, or from Moscow to Madrid and back
- More than 2 billion raw data points are collected each day
- Geotab supports green fleets. Reported reduction of CO2 emissions by 13,000 metric tonnes
- On weekdays, Geotab-connected vehicles drive an average of over 2 million hours (plus another 1.5+ million hours on weekends)
If you want to experience the benefits of choosing Geotab for your fleet, contact us today.